Dave Scott-McDowell started strength and conditioning in high school, when he realized the power of training to improve performance. His training continued through university when he played football for the University of Toronto, Varsity Blues. Dave was a starter for 5 years as a Center and received the Offensive Lineman of the Year award, and selection for the 2007 East West all-star game. These experiences have helped him to understand the value of hard work and dedication towards an athletic goal.
In 2009, Dave decided to devote himself to the craft. He earned a Bachelor of Physical Education and Health from the University of Toronto (BPHE). After completing his schooling at U of T, Dave obtained a Masters of Exercise Science in Strength and Conditioning with High Honours from Edith Cowan University (MExSci). Dave is also certified through the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS). He has attended various other conferences, symposia, and events to further his knowledge in pursuit of bettering himself and the clientele he works with.
Dave uses his knowledge and passion to help clients of varying abilities achieve their goals. Dave employs a mixed and specific training methodology, utilizing all components of strength and conditioning including:
- Speed Training
- MExSci (S&C) – Edith Cowan University
- BPHE – University of Toronto
- Honors Human Performance Training – Sheridan College
- CSCS – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified
- Olympic Weightlifting Certification – NCCP Canada
- Speed Training for Sports – Exos Performance
- Olympic weight lifting for sports performance – Sheridan college
- Exercise and Nutrition Symposium – Western University
- Strength and Conditioning Seminar – York University
- National Strength and Conditioning Conference – NSCA Las Vegas
- Canadian National Speed Power Conference – Athletics Canada